Monday, January 26, 2009

C-8

This, according to the software, is one of the hard blocks. I didn't find it particularly hard, except for the fact that the little sections are very small.
Accurate foundation piecing solved that problem.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number, and cut out as in the photo.

Foundation piece all the numbered sections. Trim the seam allowances to ¼". Cut out the non-numbered sections leaving a ¼" seam allowance.

Sew a small pieced triangle to opposite sides of the pieced center square.

Sew the other two pieced triangle to the other two sides of the square.

Sew the two non-triangle sections to opposite sides of the resulting pieced square.

Sew the two triangle sections to the other two sides of the block.

So cute! I love the blocks with the tiny pieces the most.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is one of the most beautiful ones... :) I find it perfect!
    love

    marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're providing a lot of inspiration for me to use the foundation piecing technique.

    I'm fighting it, but it's so obvious that many of the blocks that are so tricky by hand really benefit from this technique.

    Best regards and your blocks are beautiful.

    Darilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, this was fun for me to make, too. Some of the others are definitely difficult - that I need to do over - but not this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty little block - I love it!

    ReplyDelete