Wednesday, January 21, 2009

F-10

For some or other reason I really struggled with the set in seams on this block. It's kind of wonky and I may have to redo it.
I explained set in seams in quite a bit of detail in the post for block B-9. Just follow along from the point after I cut the corner out (you obviously don't have to do this over here), and use the freezer paper as a seam guide.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper and number as follows.

Foundation piece each section using your favorite method. I also ironed freezer paper to the center square to try and avoid too much fabric warping. Trim all seam allowances to exactly ¼".
(Ignore the seam line down the center of the square. That's what happens when you think you can make a complicated block with only three charm squares. :-()

Assemble the pieces into three sections. This will minimize the number of set in seams you'll have to do.

Attach these three sections being careful to line up all the seams. I was not very successful in my attempt, but finished is better than perfect, isn't it?
Trim the block to 5".

(The block is not quite as skew as it looks in the photo. With a little bit of tugging here and there I should be able to sew it into the quilt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment