Monday, October 5, 2009

F-12

Monday's block on a Monday? A miracle! It's our 150th block! We are two thirds of the way there!

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number, and cut out as in the photo. Note that I'm ignoring the little set in triangles.

Following the numbers, foundation piece the two block sections. Trim the seam allowances to 1/4".

Sew the two sections together along the long edge.

Print or trace the block diagram onto the dull side of freezer paper. If you used freezer paper to foundation piece, you can reuse this as I did.
Iron the freezer paper to the right side of the block, lining up the seams and seam lines.
Cut the set in triangles from the fabric, leaving a seam allowance.

Cut a piece of main block fabric 5.5" x 5.5". Place this right side up on the table. Place the block right side up on top of it.
Baste through all layers along the set in triangles, far enough from the freezer paper edge to allow for the seam allowance to be turned under.

Reverse applique the four triangles. Trim the block to 5" square. Remove the freezer paper. Cut away the excess main block fabric from the back of the block.
Press.
F-12

2 comments:

  1. Well... 150th for some of us! I think I'm still in the 130s somewhere. :P

    I love the way you put this one together. Inset seams are so frustrating for me-- I'll definitely be trying your technique instead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to let you know I bought the book a couple of years ago and have been wanting to start the quilt ever since. Now I've found your wonderful blog, it has given me the inspiration (and know-how)to make a start and I am proud to say I've finished 7 blocks already (Just started this month). THANK YOU SO MUCH from the bottom of my heart xx

    ReplyDelete